Café Team Leader
- Leader in travel retail
- On-going training, uniform and free parking
- Opportunity for career and personal growth
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is an international travel retail company that represents a number of luxury iconic brands across the globe. With over 120 Australian & New Zealand stores located in dynamic environments including airports and commuter hubs we are a fast paced organisation meeting the needs of people on the move.
Our Hub Convenience store and Café which provides a range of food and beverage options and carefully selected travel-adapted convenience products, is often the last port-of-call for travellers looking for fresh and fast food before they set out on their journey. Our goal is to ensure we serve passengers quickly and efficiently, without compromising the quality of product or customer satisfaction delivered.
As the Team Leader based in this very busy Christchurch Airport regional terminal store, you'll be expected to train and refine the skills of the team, work alongside management on product offering and engage with our customers. To deliver this well, we are looking for an individual with supervisory experience gained in a fast paced business or hospitality environment, a strong work ethic and clear communication skills.
An understanding of food safety and hygiene standards along with sound computer skills; and the confidence to lead from the front and by example will be ideal for this exciting opportunity where no two days are the same. LCQ or General Managers Certificate is a plus.
A snapshot of your tasks will be to:
- Assist with the day to day operations of this unique and vibrant business
- Take orders from customers in a friendly and efficient manner
- Make high quality barista style coffee in a fast paced environment
- POS and cash handling
- Perform general café duties such as light food preparation, service and cleaning
What's in it for you?
- On-going job related training with great opportunities for career development
- Company culture which creates a fantastic working environment
- Be part of a constantly expanding global business
Located in a busy airport environment we operate hours that meet the needs of our customers with early starts and late closings, 7 days per week. In this role you will be expected to work either 12.30 - 9pm or 1.30 - 10pm with at least one day over a weekend. Public transport is limited outside of normal business hours so ideally you will have our own reliable means of getting to and from work.
Looking to join a dynamic and committed team? This is it!